Sunday, March 13, 2005

Day 76 - An Update

Well, 10 days have gone by since I last posted on my site, and I thought that it was high time to post again with an update. I wanted to let all of the knights know that I read each of your posts everyday, but I don't post daily because there isn't much to say chess-related each day for me.

On Friday, I beat the guy just above me on the chess ladder. This is the same guy who played the Philidor and let me keep the pawn. This time I was black and I dismantled him just as quickly. I have now moved up to number 6 on the ladder and hope to make it to #4. We will just have to see.

I am continuing to play on the gameknot website, which keeps my skills sharp without wasting too much time.

I hope that all of the knights have been doing well in their chess training. It seems that we are all improving.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Generalkaia,

I was just about to put you in the "abandoned efforts" list. Are you still doing the program?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

Don,

I am not currently doing the program. I have time for chess here and there, such as during break and for a few minutes at home, but SAT study, homework and track and field are difficult to stay on top of. I wouldn't say that I am abandoning the program, just postponing it. Just fyi, I do still read and enjoy all of the chess blogs.

Also, a big congratulations for finishing the program. That is a huge achievement. I hope you enjoy your break from chess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home