Monday, January 24, 2005

Day 29

Yesterday, I realized that my numbers in my data chart are incorrect. Rather than going back and trying to fix it, I will just continue as if everything is fine. The point of MDLM's program is to excel at tactics, not data-keeping.

Today I did 10 problems from "More Chessercizes: Checkmate."

I am finding that I think (subconsciously) that the mates I am studying will automatically transfer to my games. Unfortunately, I don't really look at the position with an analytical eye, and I go for the attack if I see a fairly weak opponent's king or if my pieces point in his general direction. I am not punished for my lack of constraint very often because, I would guesss, my opponent doesn't play the best defense. I am trying to develop a thinking process and have resolved to think twice before attacking.

67 days left
.5 hr. completed, 29.5 total
959 out of 1533, 414 left

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey G, sorry I didn't see your post on my Blog about the STC Bunch. I saw you in channel 90 the other night so I guess you figured it out, but you must have been away from the keyboard at the time. We should get together for another game. Once I get the requisite 20 games I'm also planning on joining the 45 45 group. That sounds F.U.N. Maybe we can be on the same team. In fact wouldn't it be great if the Knights could make a team and show them what the DLM program can do?

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

BTW, I bet if we kick some booty a lot more people would be interested in doing the program.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home