Monday, January 31, 2005

Day 36

Today I did 12 problems in "The ChessCafe Puzzle Book." Today I also played 2 games against a guy at school and won both games. At school, we have a chess ladder. The best players are at the top, and the worst are at the bottom. To move up on the ladder, a person has to challenge the player above them to a best-of-3 set of games. If the challenger wins 2, they move up on the ladder. If they lose 2, they stay the same. The point of moving up on the ladder is to make it on the team that goes to the California State Scholastic Tournament (and to show who is the best!). I have been fighting my way up the ladder because I joined in late. If I had joined the ladder from the start, I wouldn't have any worries right now, as I would likely be placed in the top 5.

60 days left
1.5 hrs. completed, 37.5 total
1048 out of 1373, 325 left

2 Comments:

At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello -> generalkaia <- I just wanted to let you know that Day 36 was an interesting read and well presented. Just my two cents.

Regards,
Recursive Self Improvement

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello -> generalkaia <- I just wanted to let you know that Day 36 was an interesting read and well presented. Just my two cents.

Regards,
Emotional and Mental Self Improvement

 

Post a Comment

<< Home