Thursday, March 03, 2005

Day 66 - I Think...

It's February 3rd, and I just posted a comment on my site. Just fyi, I had a great time at Turnabout and am thinking of asking her out. Who knows how it will turn out!! Either way, I'll let you guys know. I won't be giving up chess by a long run, but I am taking a break from the MDLM plan for a while. I will just resume from where I was.

Just the other day, I played this guy in my chess club in an effort to move up the chess ladder some more. I was white, and he played this opening (the name eludes me currently!) 1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. Nxe5 but he let me have the pawn without a struggle, not even taking my pawn at any time, it was wierd. I proceeded to win his knight, and then pin his queen, winning it for a rook. The rest was history. It definitely felt good though!

All is good currently, with SAT studying (I am taking it as a sophmore, unusual, but I feel prepared. I have taken a practice test, and got about 2040 out of 2400, not 1600 like you guys used to strive for. It isn't much fun, but I have targeted my weaknesses and I am seeking to improve.). I am doing track, with the 1600 (mile) and 3200 (2-mile) as my events. I recently did a run at 6:30 or less per mile for 4 miles or more. My best mile time is 5:20. My best 10K (6.2 miles) time is 43:43 at around 7:00 miles. I also play soccer. My positions are center midfielder and defender. Just wanting to give a little background on my life and my hobbies.

I hope that all is well for my fellow knights. I am hoping to add links to the newcomers soon, including Fatboy, Margriet, Desperate Measures, Takchess, Nezha, and Blue Rook. I wish all of you the best of luck. That's all for now. I hope to write again soon.

Generalkaia

7 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Glad you are well. As to be young again. By the by, is that the Gifted and Talented program at Duke University? I was a TA for that one summer.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Pale Morning Dun - Errant Knight de la Maza said...

Whew. Thought you had a lethal case of the sniffles for awhile there. I believe that opening is called Petroff's Defense. I have no idea who Petroff is or was. Usual reply after Nxe5 from black is d6.

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger Don Q. said...

Petroff was a Russian master. Outside the US, it is more commonly known as the Russian defense.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Of course we newer Knights want to know more about the older ones.
So keep on blogging!

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Calvin said...

I'm probably the youngest one here in terms of years, but I guess I am one of the bloggers who has been around for a fairly long time. I'm only 15 years old!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Margriet said...

We will see you as Grandmaster then, in the future.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey GK! Good to hear from you. Glad to hear that you are doing good with HS activities. I hope you decide to keep on with chess. I wish I had people to play with when I was your age. The internet wasn't quite invented yet.

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home