Saturday, January 28, 2006

Fun Wins!

Some victories on several fronts. Today I took the SAT, a 3 hours and 45 minute long ordeal which was, overall, not bad. For those of you who don't know what the SAT is, it's a test that many US students take in order to get to college. The test, graded on a scale of 2400 with 3 800-point sections, is a key factor in a college application. I took the test last year, and got a 2230 out of 2400, which is a good score. However, as many colleges will take your best score on each section, I hoped to improve on one of my poorer section scores. So, I'll post my results when I get them.

On the chess front, I crushed a 1740 player handily. The training is going very well, as I breeze through the PCT units. I've done 9 units now in the tactics and 2 in the endgame. Overall, really good day.

And on another, completely unrelated note, I saw The Matador, with Pierce Brosnan, today. It was really good.

2 Comments:

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Back in the day, SAT only had 2 parts instead of 3. I scored a 740 Math and 710 Verbal.

I like PCT too.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

I am a big movie fan. Not that big of a Brosnan fan though...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home