Monday, January 23, 2006

Quick Update

Well, I went ahead and bought the Personal Chess Trainer for $40.00. I think that it was a good investment, especially with the endgame modules. I'm looking forward to the training!

I lost the teamchess game. Yeah, it was pretty disappointing. I just hope that I didn't hurt the team's chances. I'm glad I was sat out for the next round. I just have a teamchess jinx thus far.

I had two cool games on fics last night. I played three. One was a loss against a 1800 player, but we played another game and I beat him in the opening, the one that I have been studying up, the Italian Gambit. Pretty cool. I'll print it here:


[Event "FICS rated standard game"]
[Site "FICS, San Jose, California USA"]
[Date "2006.01.23"]
[Time "21:31:47"]
[Round "-"]
[White "generalkaia"]
[Black "freesok"]
[WhiteElo "1675"]
[BlackElo "1804"]
[TimeControl "1800+15"]
[Mode "ICS"]
[Result "1-0"]

1. e4 e5
2. Nf3 Nc6
3. Bc4 Bc5
4. d4 Bxd4
5. Nxd4 Nxd4
6. O-O Nf6
7. f4 d6
8. c3 Ne6
9. f5 Nc5
10. Nd2 Ncxe4
11. Nxe4 Nxe4
12. Qd5 {Black resigns} 1-0

Fun to play the opening I have studied. Comment if you have any thoughts. Thanks.

2 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

Hope you will find PCT worth it. And good luck with it. I am progressing a bit slow right now, as i had a case of the playing live jitters, which kept me of my training. I have that sometime's :(

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Edwin 'dutchdefence' Meyer said...

It should be automaticly saving your progress... With me it does. You should be able to stop halfway (or a quarter or whatever) and have your progress saved. Doesn't it do that with you? If you do only one exercise though, say at the beginning of a unit, and you exit, you will have to do it again next time. But if you do a couple you should be able to exit just fine. Let me know if it works.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home