Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Improvement

Well, I have definitely noticed that it can take a while to get used to the CTS format, but once you do, your rating improves by about 10 points at least. I'm starting to get hooked. What really helps me do better, it seems, is when I actually get into the problem solving and make it sort of a competition. I pump my fists when I get one right just to get that little surge of adrenaline. It seems to work for me, but they probably wouldn't like it if I did that at an OTB tournament or something. ("What a move! Alright!!!") But CTS can get a bit addictive. As Tempo has likely discovered. :)

2 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger King of the Spill said...

-->But CTS can get a bit addictive. As Tempo has likely discovered. :)

I know what you mean.

I think CTS gives you feedback about your tactical level a bit more than building it up. Look at how many Tempo has done to improve - alot! I think Circles helped me more.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Calvin said...

True King, but I think one of the advantages of CTS is you can do a bunch of problems very quickly. i guess pct does it similarly, but you don't get a rating and thus it is hard to chart improvement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home