Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Problem With Thought Processes

As Blue Devil has posted about his thought process recently (see his post here), I thought it would be appropriate to talk about my one big problem with applying thought processes. It comes down to this: I can't apply the process every move. I am able to apply the process for a few moves, but then I revert to my previous way of playing. Does anyone have any tips on how to apply the though process throughout the game? I would love any feedback on the topic. Thanks.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

It is hard to form new habits, kinda like in golf. I hear it is really hard to teach experienced golfers new technique because their sloppy style is so ingrained. It's probably the same with chess: the more experience you have with one style, the more work initially to switch. That's one reason it's so surprising that introductory chess books address the thought process. That's a perfect time to start out with good habits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home