Saturday, August 20, 2005

Day 236 - Levelling Out

Well, I will soon be heading into my junior year of high school. I don't know how often I will get to play, butCTS may be the answer for me. We will just have to see how the year progresses, as I have two AP classes and an honors class. Should be a busy year.

In chess-related news, I have gone on a bit of a slump lately, but I have won a few lately. I am resuming work on CTS, which will hopefully help. I am hoping for an endgame for my birthday, so that will hopefully cover that aspect of my game. Also, on CTS, I easily have the worst percentage of the top 100 (except for #98, but he had only done 20-so games). I am wondering how I can maintain a 1520 rating there but miss so many more questions than everyone else. Anyone have an explanation for this?

5 Comments:

At 11:02 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

SatishTalim, i have contacted them about it. We should hear back within about 3 days.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

I am wondering how I can maintain a 1520 rating there but miss so many more questions than everyone else.

That is simple, you are punished at CTS when you use more than 3 seconds. If you use more time, you have more answers correct. But you are not rewarded for that.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Hey GK,

We are making the teams for T28. You still interested in U1600?

PS

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Calvin said...

Yes, I am interested. My rating on FICS right now is 1672. Just let me know how to do it.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Pawnsensei said...

Make sure you update your profile on the Team 45 website. Click that you are available for T28.

PS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home