Saturday, February 03, 2007

I've continued my streak...

But it's slowly puttering out. Now that I'm challenging people at FICS that are at my own rating (about 1700) I'm not winning quite as often. But I am enjoying the games when I can fit them in. Just advice to parents among the knights, the college process is hell. First there are the super-long applications. Those take about a month each to really do well. So that was a huge section of time just cut out of my day that I really didn't plan on giving away. And then there's the financial aid. I really didn't do much on that (my parents did) but that takes at least a week to two weeks to finish. And then there's scholarships. I doubt they're the final work-intensive step in the process, but I sure hope they are. There's a lot of them, and almost all of them want some sort of long essay and the same information you've given before, except on a different form. Sort of tiring. Thank goodness for track and field, or I would have no social life.

7 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger transformation said...

i am sincerely glad to see you back. we have missed you.

i heartily understand: not only do i do chess study in a big way, for many hours, but make all my own low fat food and follow financial markets at a professional level, and then have my 'regular job', then email to all my friends, and, wolla, life is squashed.

fyi, i ran last night and miss that, too. i am almost 50 and no one things that i am over 39.

warm regards, dk

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you alive?

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Calvin said...

it's been a while! i'm around again though!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Doctor Checkmate said...

I just finished my Master's degree so I know exactly what you are talking about. As far as bone-headed moves are concerned, even GM's make them, so do not feel alone in that regard. Keep playing chess though, win or lose because I've heard that it can slow or prevent Alzheimers disease. We also must exercise our brains, which is often overlooked in any kind of healthy training!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger chess addict said...

Doctor checkmate is correct!

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Infinity Chess King said...

Nice post.

 
At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Schaakpraat said...

Are you still around?
I'll hope that you find the time to add a new post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home