Monday, December 27, 2004

Day 1 - Starting Off

1.5 hrs completed, 1.5 total (rating in high 1300's)

Today I started the training method taught by De la Maza in his articles "400 points in 400 days". I am motivated but am also cautious not to hurry in order not to get burnt-out.
I did two concentric circles (CS) and 2 knight sights (KS). I plan on doing 14 days of CS, as much as possible, while also doing KS if time allows. I also hope that SCAN (from Viking Chess - www.vikingskak.dk) is better than De la Maza's planning method. I can't neglect my other chess needs: tactics, games, etc. Within a few days, I will likely need to add variety to CS by changing the king's position along with changing the white piece. I also need to find a book of chess exercise (or CD) with 1000 puzzles ranked in order of difficulty. When buying it, I need to bring the "400 in 400" article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home