Monday, December 27, 2004

Day 1 - Starting Off

1.5 hrs completed, 1.5 total (rating in high 1300's)

Today I started the training method taught by De la Maza in his articles "400 points in 400 days". I am motivated but am also cautious not to hurry in order not to get burnt-out.
I did two concentric circles (CS) and 2 knight sights (KS). I plan on doing 14 days of CS, as much as possible, while also doing KS if time allows. I also hope that SCAN (from Viking Chess - www.vikingskak.dk) is better than De la Maza's planning method. I can't neglect my other chess needs: tactics, games, etc. Within a few days, I will likely need to add variety to CS by changing the king's position along with changing the white piece. I also need to find a book of chess exercise (or CD) with 1000 puzzles ranked in order of difficulty. When buying it, I need to bring the "400 in 400" article.

1 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger powershaker said...

From what I can tell, his material works to a degree. But, what about all the endgame your missing? No one seems to realize that Lev Alburt's Comprehensive Chess Course volumes cover what he covers - and more! Actually, GM Alburt covers all of it! So, why not grab his book, and just do the knight sight stuff of de la Maza, excluding all the tactics. THat comes with playing a lot of chess, and it evolves naturally. Working puzzles out helps, too. But, you can do that by yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home